tiistai 30. toukokuuta 2017

What kind of a teacher I'd be...


I met these wonderful people in a village where I went with a member of Kilitech, which is a organization that has done a lot when working with the local people to improve the situation in the village (see more: https://www.kilitech.org/majengo-village ). After visiting this village I begun to think what kind of a teacher I'd be - and what kind of a person i am. Because: the main thing is, who you are, what are your values, what would you like to achieve in your life, how do you treat other people. The time in Tanzania gave me the opportunity to find more about my self as a person and as a teacher.

Picture: I tried one of the sewing machines in the village - and found out I  could remember how to use this! My mam used to have one like this when I was a kid.

What else did I find out?

I love to meet new people and it's so easy to get to know them. They seem to think it's easy to talk to me. I managed in situations which differ so much from the situation here in Finland. I had no troubles and did not get upset when something happened and had to admit the situation. I made many friends. I never got mad about things that did not work, never were tired about the differences in our cultures, had no need to complain...So I'm a resilient person, or flexible.

For some reason I seem to have the ability to touch others. May be it's because I do not pretend to be something I'm not? And may be the others can feel that I really respect them? May be they see how interested I'm in them? May be they can feel how enthusiastic I get easily? How much I enjoy being with other persons and groups?

As a teacher I'm going to be all this - and something more. I know I'm able to use my creativity when needed, use different methods to support the students, push them when needed, encourage them, enjoy with them. Be happy with them!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti