tiistai 11. huhtikuuta 2017

Ei se oo niin nuukaa - it doesn't really matter

Today I was supposed to have English, Early Child Education and teachingto  a group of students about social skills and communication. I arrived late because the taxi came late...so I just attended the English class for a while. Next two lessons schould have been Early Child Education but there were no students...So I just hanged around, talked to some youngsters and have my cafe break. One lesson lasts two hours and no breaks. I don't know how the staff can manage without breaks; actually, they have breaks when the students don't come to the lessons. Right?

Something weird happened to me today. The first thing is not so weird, more like common event here while being mzungu, a white person. Believe me, you are really noticed as a white person here. So I was sitting in the corridor in the school (there is no "Teacher room") and there were a young man sitting besides me. He spoke good English so we talked for a while. After some time he was asking if I could possible help he. He was educated but had no job (and there is no support from the government to the unemployed). He'd like to work with tourists, for example in safaris. He did not ask for money - as many kids do - but he asked if I had connections. I took his email address but told him I feel sorry but don't think I'd be able to help he. And I really felt sorry.

Another event: I was in the center by my self waiting other Finnish students. I drop a small paper in the ground and then walked forward. Suddenly there were two man besides me telling something in a poor English. I told them I'm not going to buy anything and tried to walk away but they didn't let me. Then they asked me to come with them to a office. I said no, I'm not coming with you but they keep insisting me to come. I told them no and I'm calling my Tanzanian friend. So I called and he told me stay there, do not anything, do not go with those man. So when he came (he's from the house where I live and is really a honest man) he talked to the man, suddenly we went to his car with those man and drove to another place and my friend paid those man and then they left us. My friend told me that if I had gone to the office, they would have charged me a lot of money. It was my mistake, I do not usually drop anything in to the ground. Those man were in that area just for looking if they can catch some one...I was lucky having some one to come and rescue me.

I'm sorry if there are mistakes in this writing me being so tired but who cares? Hakuna matata! (no worries/it doesn't matter).

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti