maanantai 17. huhtikuuta 2017

Life after safari

There were five of us going to a safari last weekend and I'll tell you more later when I get pictures from other participants. But I tell you it was just amazing, something I'm not able to tell you. It was so beautiful there! We went to Ngorongoro and to Tarangire and saw lions, elephants, giraffes and many many other animals.

This week my school is closed, it's Easter holiday. First they told me it was going to be five days but then last week they decided it will be a longer holiday and the school will begin 24th this month. So I decided to go and visit the Rau Day Care Center for one day and this week I'll go and visit the juvenile jail Mahabusu.

I've been thinking how to prepare my next lessons when I'm back in my school. It's not easy because they don't tell me what do they expect from me. So next lesson will be about Children's Rights and the next about The Effects of Childhood Stress. And again I've made mind maps, also some documents which I'm going to copy somewhere; there is no possibility to do that in my school so I'll have to find a place in town.

When thinking about the matters I earlier mentioned, I have to think about the culture differences between Tanzania and Finland. There is no point to teach some matters the students can not "take into their own life",  to digest them. Such matters do not make any sense to them. I'm going to tell the basic matters and then try to make them discuss and go deeper. That's not going to be easy because they are not used to discuss different matters. Usually there is no time for that ;  students are busy writing everything the teacher is writing in to the whiteboard. They have no books, they do not use computers...
 Below are some mind maps, sorry they are not that clear and the other is almost upside down but you get the idea (I put these here because I want to so my tutor Maarit that I'm studying here...)




1 kommentti:

  1. Hei! Olen opettajaopiskelija ja lähdössä Tansaniaan heinakuussa harjoitteluun myös Tansania Volunteersin kautta. Haluaisin mieluusti kysellä sinulta monia asioita joten olisiko mahdollista viestitellä sinun kanssa yksityisesti? t. Laura :)

    VastaaPoista